Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

I know that this is really cheesy, but I have to admit the thing that I love most about Easter is seeing my kids dressed in beautiful matching clothes.  It makes me really happy.  The morning went pretty well, but not as well as I had hoped.  The kids usually wake up before Kris and I, and I forgot to prep them and make sure they knew not to look for baskets without Mom and Dad.  I groggily looked at the clock and saw that it was 7:00, and leaped out of bed hoping to beat the kids - I didn't. 

Kodi was already playing with everything in her basket.  Apprently Kyson found it and wanted to be "helpful" and told her where it was.  At least Kris and I got to see Kyson find his.  The morning was rushed and I felt like we weren't able to savor the holiday.  It's not much fun to rush through Easter baskets and hurry and get ready for church that starts at 9:00.  I had to be there at 8:30, which made the morning even more rushed because I had to have the kids ready before I left.

The afternoon was better.  We had some naps, visited my sister, and my parents.  Surprisingly, my parents had set up a little egg hunt for the kids, which I thought was incredibly sweet considering my mom's condition.  I had thought about doing an egg hunt at our house, but it was supposed to rain and I didn't feel like doing it in the house.  So I was grateful that the kids got an egg hunt from each grandparent.

It was a nice holiday, but the best is yet to come - Spring Break.  Kris and I have the next week off of work and I'm so excited to get the much needed and long-awaited break.








No comments: