Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Break

This week is Spring Break for me, but unfortunately, the kids' Spring Break was last week.  Because I was going to be home, Kris decided to ask for the week off from UPS as well so we could be together.  Normally when I'm out of school, I am taking the kids on all sorts of outings, but this time, it didn't work because they had school all morning and naps in the afternoon.  One night, however, I took them over to the rec center and we went swimming.  It was nice that the Holt girls were able to join us.  The kids just played in the water and had a blast - man I love those girls.

Throughout the week, I was able to see Kodi get on an off the bus for school.  She goes to a special school for her speech and a school bus picks her up and drops her off.  Kyson did the same thing.  It's fun to be a part of that whenever I can.

Kodi loved playing outside with bubbles that her Aunt Jen gave her for Easter.  She started dressed up as Cinderella, but ended up with just a pull-up.  She loves to take her clothes off.  I hope she outgrows this soon.  She loves to dress up in her princess dresses whenever she can.  What a Girl!

I even got to go to Kyson's speech therapy session.  I've only been able to do that once so far.  I don't do anything but sit outside for a half hour, but I was so grateful to just be there.  Unfortunatley, Kodi kept breaking into their session, so they played Candyland and Kyson kept telling Kodi all the colors and numbers and stuff like that.  His therapist said it was actually really good because he was teaching her.

I ended the week with the dentist.  Kyson loves to go to the dentist, but Kodi has only been once.  This was her second visit.  On her first visit, we couldn't even get her to sit in the chair for x-rays, and she was screaming while the dentist looked at her teeth (she was sitting on my lap).  This time, she sat to get her teeth x-rayed.  She got scared when they brought the camera close to her though.  She sat quietly when they started to clean her teeth, but once they put the grainy cleaner in her mouth she was done.  She did okay with the dentists, but not great.  Overall, Kodi made great improvement and Kyson is always wonderful.  Kyson has two loose teeth that the dentist said he'll lose in the next 6 months.  The permanent teeth are already coming in - he says that's called shark teeth because  you have two rows of teeth. 

It was also nice to have extra quality time with my husband, since our time is typically spent running around.  I LOVE days off!  They rejuvenate me and the love I have for my family only grows.









No comments: