- What's his name? Kristian Albert Hansen
- How long have you been together? We have been married almost 7 years.
- How long did you date? exclusively for 3 months, including engagement.
- Who eats more? Definitely Kris, but that doesn't mean I don't have an appetite.
- Who said "I love you" first? Definitely Kris. It took me a while.
- Who is taller? Kris
- Who sings better? Me
- Who is smarter? It depends on the subject.
- Who does the laundry? Usually me, but occasionally Kris helps out.
- Who does the dishes? Usually me
- Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Kris
- Who pays the bills? Me
- Who mows the lawn? Usually Kris
- Who cooks dinner? Both of us.
- Who drives when you are together? Usually me, though I wish it was Kris
- Who is more stubborn? I really don't know. We both can be pretty bad.
- Who kissed who first? Kris kissed me.
- Who asked who out first? Well, this is a gray area. I told him I wanted a date with him for my birthday and he asked me out.
- Who proposed? Kris.
- Who is more sensitive? Kris would say me, but I think it's him.
- Who has more friends? I don't know, we both have only a few.
- Who has more siblings? Technically me, but with the passing of my brother we both have one sibling.
- Who wears the pants in the family? I'm not sure. Probably me.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
I can say that this year, Mother's Day has been more sentimental than normal. I have had such an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for having such great mothers in my life - both birth mother and mother-in-law. I couldn't ask for more supportive people. Thanks Moms. Kris actually gave me exactly what I wanted for Mother's Day too. I'm not into gifts, so I told him I wanted help pulling the weeds in the front yard. I asked for the same thing last year, but got a gift instead. Saturday night I went to the grocery store, and when I came home he had pulled the weeds. It may seem small, but Wow, it meant more to me than Kris will EVER know. Thank you Kris - I loved my Mother's Day gift! I sure do love "my boys." We spent Satuday with Kris' parents and Sunday with mine. It's always nice to spend time with family. Kyson played in the grass and was just his typically good-natured self.
Now for an update with Kyson's eating. We finally got into the specialist and he spent Tuesday morning at Primary Children's Hospital getting an esophagram. He had to be tied down to a board and believe it or not, they used two ace bandages to tie down his legs and he still managed to get out of it. They put tubes down his nose and took a bunch of x-rays, but he was a good sport despite his sobbing. The good news is that everything looks great. He's recently started being able to eat those Gerber graduate puffs, and Cheerios without throwing up. We're so excited about it. We'll see what comes next.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Onto a lighter side, I finally have pictures from Kyson's birthday ready to share with you all. As I mentioned last week, we had a party for Kyson and went to the zoo. We had a nice turnout for his party, and I'm thankful people didn't go crazy with the gifts. He got a few toys that he plays with constantly and a new outfit. It was just perfect. We gave him a little recliner and it was cute to watch him attempt to open his presents sitting back in style. He was so excited about every gift he received, which I'm sure made his guests feel really good. The next morning he decided to relax in his new recliner by watching a short bit of The Jungle Book. Man, that kid has it made.
He the loved balloons. From the time since we picked up a few balloons for the party, Kyson just wants to play with the balloons. He goes up the stairs with them, he won't leave the house without them sometimes, and tonight he wouldn't get in the bathtub without them. He loves balloons. At least they're cheap - right?
He didn't know what to do with his cake. He just sat there when we sang to him, but I what else is a 1-year-old supposed to do? We originally put him on the patio outside to play with his cake since we knew he wouldn't eat it. It didn't dawn on me to just put him in the kitchen - senior moment. He really had fun demolishing his cake, but he didn't eat any, only touched his mouth.
Next comes out adventures at the zoo. The only people who decided to come were my parents and my sister's family. It was perfect though. Not too many people. It was fun to spend the day with my family and the weather was nice and warm. We saw so many animals and Kyson seemed to love them. His favorite animal though was the python. I think he likes the reptiles like us. There was one monkey that he sat and talked to with his baby chatter, and the only animal that scared him was the squirrel. he literally screamed and put his hands above his head. He didn't cry, just screamed. I wish they still had the lions and hippos, and it would have been nice if all the cats weren't asleep, but I must admit, the day was so nice and being with my family was so wonderful that I have no room to complain.
It was cute that as we left the zoo, all the kids we saw were crying - except Kyson. he'd been there all day without a nap and was such a trooper. What a great kid!