Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pre-Easter Party

I knew Easter would be a little different this year because my family was out of commission.  My mother is still recovering from her radiation treatments for cancer, and my nephew had surgery to repair a deviated septum and reconstruction on his sinuses.  With my family being out of the picture, I was so grateful when Carol told me that she had planned a little Easter get-together for the kids.  I knew if Carol was able to pull things off the way she wanted, the event wouldn't disappoint.

Well, fate was on our sides and everything was wonderful.  We started off with a little lunch with sandwiches, salads, veggies, and sweets.  It was great to fill the kids' tummies before the Easter fun began.  It was so cute to see the kids all sitting together as they munched on their food.

Once the bellies were full, Grandma Bodily went into full force.  Amy and I, with our nephew Jonathon, hid and eventually scattered over 500 easter eggs.  I'll admit when we were trying to hide them all, I felt that it was too much, but I was wrong.  The kids ran out and looked for the eggs and because there were so many, the kids weren't fighting, they were casually walking to get them and enjyoing the moment, and even after as they looked inside the eggs, they weren't comparing the treasures with others.  Once all the surprises were opened, there really wasn't much more than a ziplock back per child and it was absolutely perfect.  Leave it to Grandma Carol to make the gradkids happy.

We took a few minutes to take some pictures of everyone as well.  I know I'm that obnoxious family member who wants to take a lot pictures and everyone is annoyed with me, but as I always say, "They may hate me in the moment, but they'll love me later."  I only wish I had thought to ask the kids to leave their bags of goodies out of the pictures.  Not only does it not look good in the picture, but they were very distracting for the kids.  Eventhough they weren't the nice photo shoot I'd like to have, I'm grateful we got a few pictures of the family.

The entire afternoon was wonderful and so great for the kids.  They played, they searched for eggs, and they had a blast.




















No comments: