Tuesday, February 19, 2013

President's Day Family Bonding

Because I had President's day off, I wanted to do something with the family and spend time together.  I feel like I'm gone so much that I savor every opportunity that I have, at least I try.  We decided to take the kids to the Children's Discovery Museum at the Gateway Mall because I had found a 2 for 1 coupon.  I'm glad we went too, becuase the kids really seemed to enjoy it. 

They had all sorts of exhibits that the kids really enjoyed.  They got to pretend to be construction workers and firemen, there was a huge water exhibit to play and watch science in action.  There was a store that they could pick things and then children would check them out as cashiers.  There was a farm where you could sit on a big horse, an area where kids could pretend to pump the gasoline into a car, and a hild size house with a full kitchen, grand piano, and all sorts of fun stuff.  While it is a pricey museum, the kids truly enjoyed it and we ended up staying for hours.

After the museum, we went across the street and visited the Clark Planetarium.  We didn't spend much time becuase the kids were tired, but there were some cool things for the kids.  The kids were able to walk on Mars and the moon.  I was most impressed that Kyson was able to name all the planets.  He has really learned a lot in school and it makes me very happy.

I'm so grateful for time off.  I know that I'm always thinking about all the things I could be doing on my day off - like cleaning the house, painting, or getting to projects I always think about, but I've been thinking a lot about President Uchdorf's talk in conference about regrets.  He said that the one thing that people always seem to regret as their life is ending is the way they use their time.  They don't wish they'd spent more time at work, they always regret not spending more time with their loved ones.  I really want to try and use the little time I have to be with my loved ones.  A day at the museum is a way for me to work toward that.































No comments: