Sunday, February 3, 2013

Jr. Jazz Basketball

Kyson has a friend down the street named Parker, who he plays basketball with in the summer.  It has always made me happy to see him want to do something like basketball with a friend.  He asked to play basketball this season on the Jr Jazz team, so I signed him up and we requested Parker be on his team.  I think it has been so good for him. 

Basketball is definitely not his strength.  In fact, I think he got worse as the season progressed, but he did so much better socially than he did with soccer.  He loved being on the court, running around with the team, but he never went for the ball.  I don't see the NBA in his future, but the opportinity to learn teamwork and sportsmanlike behavior are what is most important to me.  I beieve this has been a great thing for him.  As we left his last game, his coach said to him, "You've done such a great job this season, Kyson.  Keep practicing and we hope to see you again."  That kind of support warmed my heart.  He was a great coach and was so patient with him.  We'll see if he wants to play again next year.












Basketball is definitely not his strength.  In fact, I think he got worse as the season progressed, but he did so much better socially than he did with soccer.  He loved being on the court, running around with the team, but he never went for the ball.  I don't see the NBA in his future, but the opportinity to learn teamwork and sportsmanlike behavior are what is most important to me.  I beieve this has been a great thing for him.  As we left his last game, his coach said to him, "You've done such a great job this season, Kyson.  Keep practicing and we hope to see you again."  That kind of support warmed my heart.  He was a great coach and was so patient with him.  We'll see if he wants to play again next year.

No comments: