Saturday, April 14, 2012

Soccer!

I've wanted to sign Kyson up for soccer for years now, but his birthday was just after the deadline when he turned 3, and I didn't know when registration was last year and missed it.  This year I was determined to sign him up and watched calendars diligently.  He's officially in soccer now and he had his first practice on Saturday.  he got to meet the coach and his team, get his jersey and play a little.  Because he's in the preschool league, all of the kids are small and inexperienced and it's hilarious to watch them play.


During their first practice you could tell none of them knew what to do.  They had a hard time even kicking the ball to each other.  After they tried a few drills, the coach decided to let them try playing to see how it went.  They missed the goal and ran all the way to the fence, then changed directions and ran to the other fence, then came back toward the field but nearly ran me over in the process.  They have no idea what they're doing - it's great.

I'm excited that Kyson will get to be part of a team, and I do think that he has a lot of potential.  He just needs to learn how to play the game.






No comments: