Saturday, April 28, 2012

Birthday Party #2

This is the first time we've had a birthday party for Kyson's friends.  It's always been family only.  Because Kyson has been invited to so many birthday parties this year, we figured that turning 5 was old enough for a party.  Because it's pretty standard to invite everyone in the preschool class, plus Kyson has friends from the neighborhood, we figured there would be at least 20 kids that we'd need to invite.  We invited 25.  I was not about to entertain 25 five-year-olds at my house so we decided to rent a place out.  While it was more than I wanted to spend, it was well worth it to take the responsibility of entertaining off of me, while keeping my house standing.

I had asked for people to RSVP so I knew how many to plan for, but I only heard back from a handful of people.  I was genuinely worried that no one would show up.  The more I talked to people, however, the general consensus was that people don't RSVP anymore.  So I assumed that anyone who I hadn't heard from would be there.  Only about half of what we planned for actually came, but it was nice that we had about 10-13 of his friends there.

We went to a place called Bouncin off the Walls which has indoor inflatables.  They had a giant slide, a bounce house, a "basketball court" area, and they even had air hockey.  Only a couple of adults stayed but most of them enjoyed the fun as well.  I think the kids really had fun - how could they not?!  I even went down the big slides and got a tickle in my tummy.  Even our former bishop was getting in on the fun.

When it came time for presents, the kids went through them so fast, I have no idea who gave him what.  I couldn't even see what he had as he opened them because there was a mob of kids tearing through the presents.  I could have had them all sit down and do it in an organized and calm manner, but they're five-year-olds.  It doesn't really matter to me.

After the day was over, we were all very tired.  On the way home, Kodi, and Kyson'e friend, Sadie, fell asleep in the car.  It was so dang cute!  All in all, I think Kyson loved his party - I know I did.









No comments: