Sunday, April 15, 2012

Baptism

Well, Avery is the first Hansen grandchild to get baptized and it was pretty exciting to be a part of it.  I would have liked it even better if I could have seen it.  During the meeting part of it in the chapel, the kids were a little rowdy, but nothing too terrible.  I think they were typical kids.  There were, however, some grandparent age people sitting in front of us, who I don't believe are used to kids in church.  They turned around and looked at us a couple of times.

The real fun began when we were waiting to go see the baptism.  There were 9 children getting baptized and there is only one font.  We were lucky enough to be the last one so we sat in the chapel for about an extra half hour waiting for our turn.  During this waiting time, I think Kyson thought it was play time and was yelling and practically running around.  Kodi was starting to follow Kyson's terrible example and she started doing the same.  I took Kodi out, and threatened Kyson, but he didn't care too much.

When we got back to the baptismal font, Kodi was yelling about everything and I had to take her out.  I missed the baptism and was pretty disappointed about it.  I tried going back in for the confirmation but that wasn't going to happen either.  I sat out in the hall for the entire thing and couldn't help but being mad at Kodi for it.  By the next morning, Kodi had a pretty bad runny nose and Sunday night I had a terrible sore throat.  It was then that I started wondering if maybe she had a sore throat and that's why she was so terrible.  I'm not sure what the reason, but I wish I could have been there to see it.  I'm so proud of Avery though.  He's being such a good example for his brothers and cousins.



No comments: