Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Beautiful Saturday

We've had some very strange weather this year but Saturday was absolutely beautiful.  It got up to the high 70s or low 80s and it was the best weekend we've had yet this year.  We definitely took advantage.

The day started with Kyson's first real soccer game and it was a lot of fun.  My parents were able to come, and  Josh was working as supervisor over all the games, so he was able to drop in every once in a while.  Kyson seems to be the favorite for throwing the ball back in bounds.  He's got a good arm, now we just need to teach him to kick.  He's always right up with the ball, but doesn't really try to kick the ball when he has the opportunity.  At least he was actually trying to play and not picking dandelions or something like that.  It was fun to watch and I look forward to seeing the next one.

After the game, we came came home and did yard work.  Kris mowed the lawn and I cleaned the grill and pulled weeds.  We both planted a tree that had died and Kris also worked on the sprinklers.  Because we kept turning on the sprinklers, Kyson got really excited and changed into swimsuit so he could run through the sprinklers - but of course, he needed his goggles because I have strange children.

The Holt girls came over and played with the kids and were so sweet to offer and help me pull weeds in the front.  It was so helpful and really cut down the time.  It's so nice to have help like that and I can't thank them enough.  The kids truly enjoy their company as well.

The day was wonderful and I don't think I could have asked for a better day - well I could have had birds and mice clean my house for me, but I won't hold my breath.  I think that only happens in fairy tales.








No comments: