Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Easter comes but once a year and I love it and stress about it at the same time.  I think I'm one of those people who create the beautiful pictures in my head of what something should look like, then try not to get too frustrated when my happily ever after really only happens in the fairy tales.


Easter morning was so much fun!  The kids looked for their Easter baskets and found them fairly quickly.  Both Kyson and Kodi got a lot of clothes because they each need a new wardrobe with the changing season.  That is the tough thing about little kids - you have to buy new wardrobes twice a year.  Well Kodi also got a shopping cart which she loved so much she climbed inside of it, and Kyson got a fish.  Both kids were mesmerized and so excited about the fish.  We encouraged Kyson to name him Optimus Prime because he was red, but in the end, Kyson ventured out on his own and named the fish "Fishy Honey."  What a lovely name.  Kodi loved the peeps and would get one, cuddle up to it, and then bite its head off.  I hope that isn't any indication of how sensitive she'll be later on. It was a fantastic morning full of smiles and happy people.  Then we had to get ready for church.

The Easter bunny brought Kyson a 4 piece outfit with pants, a shirt, a vest and a tie.  I was so excited to see him in it.  He's never worn a tie because as a baby when I tried ties, he would nearly strangle himself trying to get them off.  I gave up and decided I'd try again when he was older.  Well he's older and I was so excited to see how handsome he'd look.  He did look handsome once I got it on him, but he cried like I was torturing him by making him wear it.  He had pouting faces when I tried to take a picture and wouldn't cooperate at all.  Kodi looked like a little princess, but wouldn't pose - I guess my expectations are too high for a two-year-old.

That afternoon we came home and took naps, then headed to my parents house for a barbecue.  Before the fun began, we took a moment to go to Komodo's grave.  Kyson remembers her surprisingly well and I'm so glad she was a part of his life for a time.  At my parents, we had hamburgers and hot dogs, but before we could have food, we had to find the eggs all over in the yard.  Because it was such a beautiful day, my mom worried the candy would melt.  My mom labels the eggs so we each have the same number and have the same things, but Kodi can't read.  As soon as she got a bag to put eggs in, she was off and had filled her bag to the top.  Kyson was a little more careful and made sure the eggs he picked up had his name on them.  Both were so fun to watch and really excited about the hunt.

We chatted, the kids played football with Josh and Kris, and the kids got Easter baskets from their aunt and uncle.  They were so excited.  By the end of the evening, the kids were full of candy and fun, and we were all ready to head home and relax for a time.




























No comments: