Friday, March 16, 2012

Therapy Begins

Well Kodi has officially been assigned a speech therapist to begin working on her speech problems.  We decided to schedule her to come on my day off so I could meet her and it's nice to have both parents there for the first appointment since we set up goals.  Our appointment was at 11:30, right when Kyson gets off of school.  Kris picked up Kyson while I waited for Marcy.

At 11:45, we got a phone call from Marcy saying she had gotten a flat tire and was going to need to reschedule. When I mentioned that it was my only day off that month and it may be difficult for me to be there, she volunteered to come after she'd taken care of the car situation.  I was all for it and asked how long it would be.  She estimated about an hour.  While I had a lot of errands to run, it was worth it for me to sit around for an hour, than try to reschedule.

An hour passes and I didn't hear from Marcy.  An hour and half passes, two hours, and finally just over two hours had passed so I decided to call her and get an estimated time.  It went straight to voicemail and her voicemailbox was full and I couldn't even leave a message.  I was starting to get frustrated with the errands I needed to take care of.

About 10 minutes after I tried calling her, she pulled up.  I felt so bad that I'd been frustrated.  The poor woman had been trying to get her car fixed the entire time, and her phone went dead from all the phone calls she had to make.  Her GPS system went out on her car the same day, and with all the construction around our house right now, she had sat for literally 5 minutes at a time waiting to get through certain intersections.  She had had a terrible day and I was worried about my errands.

We only had half an hour to actually set goals because she had to be somewhere else, but she seems like a really nice woman, and Kodi warmed up to her very quickly.  She's very energetic and excited which Kodi really likes.  They even had matching outfits that day - I think it was meant to be.  I'm excited to see how things go with Marcy, but I'm feeling confident already.

No comments: