Monday, August 1, 2011

High School Reunion (Reunion #3)

I graduated from Bingham High School on June 6, 1996. I know many people hate high school and can't wait to get out, but I truly enjoyed my days in high school and look back at them fondly. I was an avid swimmer, had a lot of friends, and did pretty well with my studies as well. it was a good time for me, and I'm glad I had a chance to go back to those days and reminisce about being a BHS Miner. I knew a lot of people,but the turnout was small. We had approximately 800 people in our graduating class and only about 100 attended the 15-year reunion. This is the first reunion I've gone to and I'm glad there was a small turnout because it gave me the chance to talk to a lot of people. There were so many good friends that attended like Patrick Svedin, Heather Skousen, and Debbie Campbell. Those were
probably the closest ones to me. But there were some other great people that I didn't hang out with as much like Jake Ackerman, Kyle Stocking, Stacie Evans, Kristi Bennett, Sharla Bailey and Tiffany Northrup. The other great thing about it was they requested no children. I think that made a big difference because we could all talk
freely without having to watch our kids every second. Many people brought pictures of their family and just hung out late into the evening. I have to say, I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the 20th reunion.

No comments: