Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Two Dollar Tuesdays!

Thanksgiving Point has a lot of fun things to do
and for years I've wanted to take Kyson to the dinosaur museum there, but I can't bring myself to spend $35 on a museum where the kids will say, "Wow!" and then run off to the next thing. Two dollar Tuesdays was perfect and so during my week off, we took advantage of the deal. Kodi got in free because she was so young, and the total cost for an afternoon at the dinosaur museum was $6. I can handle that. We got there shortly before it opened and there was already a line, but I'm still so glad we went early because it
wasn't crowded. I've heard that it's not even worth going on these days because it's so crowded - going early worked. Kyson loved looking at all the dinosaurs and both Kyson and Kodi were chattering up a storm about everything.
They were good sports and I think they really enjoyed it. we forgot a stroller for Kodi so she had to walk the whole thing, and surprisingly, I think she loved having the
freedom, and I loved not having to worry about fitting the stroller into hallways or crowds.

At the end of the museum, there is a place where kids can take off their shoes and go into a giant room-sized sandbox. They dig for fossils in this sandbox and of course Kyson and Kodi were all over this. It was a wonderful $6 activity and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.








No comments: