Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Lake

I know it seems like we go to Bear Lake a lot, but the reason we do is because we need to get out of Dodge with the hectic lives we have. Getting out of town gives us permission to relax. This is only the second time we've been able to go to the lake with the Allreds, long-time friends of the family, and once again, it was very enjoyable. This time was especially great because my sister came up. They were only able to come from Friday to Sunday, but just the fact that they came made me so happy. She hasn't come up in years.

Before Jen arrived, we decided to take advantage of the summer weather and do some four-wheeling, since the attempt last trip didn't work out so well. Once again, Kyson, my dad, Wes, and I went up into the mountains. Kyson loved it, and it didn't rain this time. At one point, my father
dropped his map so Wes, Kyson and I killed time by taking pictures, and playing around. Kyson and then Kyson wanted to pose for a picture. Wes is such a good sport.even put his hat on inside out so Wes followed. Wes was such a good sport, and Kyson's BFF for the weekend.

Out at the Lake, Kyson caught two frogs. He wanted to hold them non-stop, so we decided to put them in the pool of the Island. For anyone
who doesn't know what "the Island" is, we have a huge inflatable relaxation station that has a seats for 8 people, a part to lay out and tan, a small slide, and a mini pool in the center. The pool became the frogs' home for a short time until we let them go. Kyson named the two little frogs Kyson and Kodi - oh how cute.

Then Jen came and we decided to go out on the
boat. They have an inflatable "taco" that we used to go tubing behind the boat. I went once with my dad who nearly killed me when he rolled over me and we fell in the water, and I went with Kyson another time. He loved it. Kodi is still too little for the taco. If it had been a stable tube like for Kyson's first time when he was a few months old, that would be different. I don't want her to be afraid of water for falling in.

I really enjoyed the entire time we were there, as usual, and I always look forward to going back. I'm so grateful for the getaway place, and when we can stay for free - it's even better.



















No comments: