Saturday, June 20, 2009

Third Time is a Charm

Well, on my week off, we decided to try Kyson out in a big bed once more. The first time he developed a habit of sleeping on the floor and became attached to 2 blankets. We decided to put him back in his crib because they say, "old habits die hard." We didn't want him to stay sleeping on the floor. The second time, we were up ALL night because he kept falling out of the bed and crying. We couldn't take the sleep deprivation and put him back in his crib.

Each of the first attempts we put him in a toddler bed, but my eighbor suggested we try putting him straight to a twin bed. I was worried that it would be too big for him, but it was worth a try. Well, I don't know if he just wasn't ready before, or if the toddler bed was too small, but he loves his new bed. The first night, I laid by his bed until he fell asleep, the second night we let him cry and he slept on the floor in front of the door. The third night, he cried a while but when I checked on him before going to bed, he had gone back to bed, and the fourth night, he slept in his bed. It was wonderful. THey grow up so fast! I guess the next big transition will be potty training - yea.

1 comment:

Valery G. said...

Good luck with potty training! I agree with you...those are a few of my favorite pics too. Kyson is the cutest;o)