Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's a Girl!

Yesterday was the anticipated ultrasound, and we were hoping to get some answers this time. Fortunately SHE cooperated. Once again, they looked at all he organs and the size of the baby and everything looked great, but the first thing they did was look for the gender for us. Immediately they said it was a girl. The technician checked 2 more times during the ultrasound just to sure. When the doctor came in, we asked her to check as well - just to be safe. The doctor checked and said that it is definitely a girl. Of course there is no guarantee, but she said, "there is no outdoor plumbing and the female parts are very clear." Of course, I'm not getting rid of Kyson's old clothes until after the baby is born, but I'm pretty sure it will be a girl. We're very excited!

While I'm updating on the pregnancy, I do have some news that potentially could be a downer. Because of my kidney history, they wanted to do extra tests - which was annoying, but I did voluntarily. All of my kidney functions came back normal, but they said I was showing signs of early gestational diabetes. I go and get tested for diabetes on July 10, but pray that I don't have it. I've heard that diabetes causes large babies and Kyson was 9 lbs 5 oz without diabetes. I can't deal with a 15 lb baby. Pray for me that it will come back negative!

2 comments:

satomblablabla said...

oh gurrrrrrrrrl... 15lbs? if i had a rosary, every bead would be dedicated to you!

Deb-t said...

Hooray for a girl!!!! Geez, I haven't checked blogs for a while but I'm so happy for you guys! One of each is just perfect, right? I hope all goes well with your appointment next week! Congrats!