Monday, October 17, 2011

Family Photos 2011

I have a dream to have a beautiful family photo every year, but I'm too cheap to pay for a nice photographer. It's very expensive and with young kids that won't pose for a picture, I worry it would be a waste of money. Luckily, I live in a beautiful area, and I have a willing mother to come and take snapshots of us. Last year,
I didn't even try to get pictures even though I thought about it all the time. This year, I wasn't going to miss out again. I had planned to take some pictures on our last trip to Bear Lake. I thought the setting would be beautiful. But when we all got sick, it was no longer an option. I was also getting worried about the weather cooperating.We're in October and it starts to get cold and yucky. Fortunately, Mother Nature has been kind to us this year, and the weather is still beautiful late in October. So, I jumped at my opportunity and was not about to miss out again.

Our adventure started well. We found a nice location near the house and took a couple of
pictures. Kodi wouldn't cooperate, but we hoped
that we'd get a shot for seconds. Then we moved to our second location, probably 30 steps from the first place. Once again, we took some pictures - kids weren't looking and Kodi was fighting, and then I noticed Kris was wearing his sunglasses. What kind of family picture has the dad wearing his sunglasses. So we went back to
the first location, Kris was upset that I had him take them off, and Kodi was getting even more difficult. Then we moved to a third location. Kodi was done at this point and was trying to take off her shoes, and Kyson wanted to play with sticks. I just prayed we got ONE good shot out of the half hour of trying. Fortunately, we did.


No comments: