Friday, July 16, 2010

Another Bear Lake Trip

The same weekend we started potty training, we went to Bear Lake. It was helpful to have reinforcements. Kyson also LOVES Bear Lake. Whenever we get in the car, for any reason, he asks if we're going to Bear Lake. He gets pretty disappointed when we say we're not going.

The weather this last weekend was gorgeous. It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold. My dad pulled out the "yacht" so we could go cruising. It was rather fun. He even pulled my with each kid on the water weenie. It is a very unstable water weenie, which may explain why my dad got it at the DI so cheap. It felt like it would tip over if you went over any kind of ripple in the water. That is a little scary when you're carrying a baby on it. My dad didn't want to make it tip, so with Kodi, he just ran around the lake and pulled us by the string. If you know my father, I'm sure this isn't hard to imagine. Kyson really seemed to enjoy it though. He also did a good job when we just rode around not being pulled by the boat. I know we don't have one of those expensive boats, but you don't need expensive toys to have fun.

I took both kids four- wheeling as well. I didn't do any long rides, but I took Kyson up this steep hill down the road from the cabin to get a nice view of the lake. We're so paranoid about getting a ticket now that the ranger is patrolling non-stop. Our next-door neighbor up there got a $500 ticket for riding down the beach. We definitely don't want one of those. Kodi likes to just relax with the calming vibrations and wind blowing on her face. I think Kyson likes the thrill of big hills - he's a boy.

My dad was really cute with both kids as well. Kodi fell asleep in his arms one morning while I was getting some work done, and one evening, he was reading a story to Kyson. I love it - it's so adorable! I love going to Bear Lake, and so does Kyson. He can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

Deb-t said...

We just got back from Bear Lake last night! It is so nice up there and the water is so pretty. Glad you guys had fun!