Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a Party!

As mentioned, Kyson turned 3 the other day and we had a party to celebrate the momentous occasion. We invited both sides of our family over and had cake and icecream. I have to confess that when I think of family birthday parties, I don't think of fun. I think of an oppor- tunity to visit and see the family, eat unneeded calories, and listen to children fight over toys. I was so pleasantly surprised with this party. I don't know if it was because it was my son's party, or if it really was as much fun as I thought. Everyone made it - which has never happened - and it was a great chance to talk.

When Kyson opened his presents, he was a typically three-year-old. He would open a present, give the toke, "Wow," then move to the next. When it was clothes, it was even faster, he didn't even get them out of the box. At one point, he handed a present to his cousin Blake and asked him to open one so he could get through them faster, I guess. When we got to the birthday cake portion of the evening, he didn't blow out the candles, everyone else was trying to show him how to blow and the excessive air flow around the candles blew them out on their own.

The real fun began when the traditional stuff was over. The kids went outside and played, along with Kris and some of the other people. We decided to try out one of Kyson's new presents. It was a game called Elefun and it's this plastic elefant with a loooooong trunk. Out of the trunk the elephant blows out butterflies that you catch in nets. Kris's mom and step-dad played the game with my 2 14-year- old nephews. It was hilarious. Josh kept cheating by knocking butterflies out of Carol's net, and they'd pick up betterflies from the ground and put them in their baskets. We had some great entertainment.

Overall, it was some fun times and I'm so appreciative of everything from mine and Kris's families. The gifts were awesome and he loves every single one of them.

4 comments:

Deb-t said...

Hey, I love that Elefun game! It entertains young and old alike. Happy Birthday, Kyson!

Marnie said...

Looks like a great party. I love playing little kids games. I think I like them more now then when I was actually a kid!

Nicolette said...

I can't believe Kyson is already 3! Happy late birthday Kyson!

Asad K said...

Happy Late Birthday, Kyson!