Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kyson's First Prayer

Tonight, Kyson didn't go to bed on time. He usually goes to bed at 9, and I put him to bed at 9, but after about a half hour of playing in his room, he came out. He wanted some water, so Kris and I gave him a small cup of water but told him he had to sit at the table to drink it. After so much time had passed I was waiting for him to finish and I walked over to him with my arms crossed. He understood that as a prompt for prayers. So he asked, "Prayers?" When your 3-year-old asks to say prayers you don't pass it up, so I bowed my head and closed my eyes. Kyson then proceeded to say a prayer without any prompting or help. His prayer went like this: "Henly Father, Hamma, Hopa, Jen and Bill, Mommy, Daddy, jibberish, pig, jibberish, green, purple, jibberish, home, jibberish, Amen." I can't tell you how proud I was at that moment. It was the most beautiful prayer I had ever heard. What a great Mother's Day Gift from my son.

4 comments:

Deb-t said...

That IS a great Mother's Day gift. So sweet and special, it's so rewarding as a mommy when your kids do things that are so precious.

Rebecca said...

How precious! I still can't get a couple of my kids to pray without help! Awesome!

Doney Days said...

That is so precious! Something you'll always remember!

satomblablabla said...

I love this! And I love that you shared how excited and proud you were! I still remember Max's first prayer too and it made me cry!!!! :)

p.s. I see that you went with "Leroy"... AWESOME!!!!