Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was great this year. Every year it is, but this was the first year that I received a gift from my little boy and I got exactly what I asked for from my husband. Early on Sunday morning, Kris came to me while I was getting ready for church with a small gift in his hands. My first thought was,"What did he get me, because what I want you can't wrap." Then I saw this strange thing: it was a silver fortune cookie. When I opened it, I was ecstatic. It was a little fortune cookie telling me that I would be going on a date with my husband. Then on the back were "lucky numbers" like fortunes have, but that was the date we were going on the date. It was perfect.

My day progressed by going to church and when I left church, in nursery, the little kids had made necklaces for their moms. It was made of pasta and hearts. I loved it and wore it all day. It was absolutely perfect because Kris didn't buy it for me, Kyson made it for me. I'm sure I looked goofy, but hey, I'm a mom. If my son makes me something, I'm going to wear it.

After chruch we had the pleasure of going to my parents to visit with my sister and her family and we stayed to have dinner with my parents. We had some great chats and I loved seeing everyone. I know I'm always saying how much I love to see my family, but it's true, and I want to make sure they know it.

All in all, it was a perfect day. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

1 comment:

Deb-t said...

Being a mommy is the greatest gift, and to get a present from your child just melts your heart. I'm glad you had a great day!