Sunday, March 10, 2013

Disney on Ice

Disney on Ice comes every year to Salt Lake, and since Kodi has been so obsessed with princesses, I thought it would be something she'd really enjoy.  The tickets are pretty expensive though, and I didn't want to take that much out of the budget money.  I decided on a whim to use my allowance to buy the tickets.  I was so excited, that I decided to tell the family in a clever way.  I got a Disney Princess puzzle, put it together, and wrote a message on the back.  Then, I put it in an envelope addressed to Kris and the kids and had it sent to them.  When it came, Kris immediately called the kids over and they put the puzzle together.  It was a Saturday, so I was home to take some pictures of the event.  They put it together, Kris read it to them, and the kids got really excited.  Unfotunately, they don't understand the idea of patience, and they were really bummed when they had to wait 3 weeks before they'd be able to go.

When the night came, we were all so excited.  We had a hard time gettin ghte kids to get ready though, and we ended up not having time to eat before we got there.  That left us with food at the Energy Solutions Arena to eat for dinner - it's veyr pricy and pure junk.  We ended up spending $50 just on dinner becuase the kids changed their minds and we tried to go cheap and then needed more.  We just blew it off though, trying to enjoy the experience. 

Kodi was so excited to see all the different princesses.  All the little girls were dressed up and Kodi loved it.  There was a little girl next to us dressed as Aurora like her, and one dressed as Cinderella in front of us.  Kodi made friends with them and I thought it was so cute.

The show was pretty good, but not something I would pay money to see myself.  This definitely was an adventure for the kids.  There were three stories they told - Tianan, Cinderella, and Repunzal.  Repunzal's was by far the best.  It was pretty cute that they even had Maximus the horse.  It had to be two people.  Both kids really enjoyed the evening and their excitement made it worth it.














No comments: