Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting to Myself

As a parent, everything I own comes last.  My sheets are the last to be changed, my bathroom the last to be scrubbed, and my bedroom the last to be cleaned.  Most times, it doesn't get done at all because by the time I've gotten through cleaning the downstairs, the kids rooms and the bathrooms  they all need to be done again and my things go on hold again.  I think when the kids are older and they can do chores, it might change.  Or at least I'm hoping it will change.  Well this weekend during conference, I decided to clean my bedroom and bathroom.

It was disgusting because I can never thoroughly clean it.  I can straighten up, but washing the curtains and the plants and a thorough job of dusting is something I never have time for and I'm embarrassed to say, it hasn't been done since we moved in.  For 8 hours I cleaned my room including the walls, every inch of the furniture  the pictures, the curtains, and the plants.  Then I went to my bathroom and got a good start, but wasn't able to get the tub done the way I would like.

That night when I went to bed, I felt so good about having a clean bedroom.  I only wish I could do things for myself more often.

No comments: