Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

After visiting the pumpkin patch, we decided to carve the pumpkins on a weekend.  Because weekdays are so busy, a weekend was really our only option and the weekends were running out quickly before Halloween.  The little time caused us to choose a time that was probably not the most convenient - we did it before church on a Sunday.  Now normally, that wouldn't be a big deal, but you never know how long it will take to carve pumpkins, and the kids wanted to use paint instead of carve theirs.  That was a one-time thing.  I will never do that again.

I tried to take pictures, but I was so consumed with trying to keep the paint off their clothes and off the carpet that I couldn't focus.  Both of the kids got paint on their clothes that will not come off.  It makes me sad because Kodi was wearing her princess pajamas she got for her birthday and now they have permanent blue paint on them.

Kris and I carved our pumpkins and even after those were done, I didn't remember to take pictures of the final products.  I was so rushed to clean everything up and get ready for church that it slipped my mind.  I remembered while we were at church, but forgot by the time we got back.  So basically, we carved some pumpkins, painted some pumpkins and I have nothing to show you what they all looked like.  I'll try harder next time.




No comments: