Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Thought it was a Good Idea

Because I had President's Day off, I thought it would be fun to do something extra fun for Family Night.  I would have more time so I thought we could have a nice dinner and do a fun activity that would take more time than I normally have.  I decided to make sugar cookies and decorate them.  What kid doesn't love to be creative with food?

That afternoon I made the cookies and had them ready for the evening.  I also thought it would be fun to make some letter cookies and spell some words with them.  I still believe in theory it's a great idea, but my children rarely fit into the best case scenario.  When we got started with Family Night, Kodi turned on the two-year-old tantrum and I banished her to the couch.  I didn't want her spoiling our fun (even though it is "family" night).

Kyson, Kris and I went to the table where I showed Kyson pictures of things and he had to spell them.  I only did: Kyson, Kodi, Jesus, and temple.  he did pretty well, but then he started sneezing and coughing all over them.  Because he seemed to be coming down with something, decorating cookies was completely out of the question - eh'd contaminate all of them.  We made a change of plans.  I decorated all the cookies and Kyson decided it would be fun to give some to all of our neighbors.  So we made up 5 plates of cookies and delivered them to all of our friends on the street.  One house wasn't home and Kyson was thoroughly disappointed.  So while my original idea of cookie decorating didn't work out, I think something better came from it when a 4-year-old enjoyed sharing cookies with friends.

No comments: