Saturday, February 11, 2012

Four Going on Sixteen

The other day, Kyson wanted to go to Grandma and Grandpa Tinsch's house, but we had no plans to go over there.  He told me that he was going to go by himself.  So I asked him if he was going to drive over there and he replied, "Yes!"  I teased him for a minute about how he could drive to Grandma and Grandpa's if he wanted.  Well a little later, it turned out that we needed to go over there, so when I told Kyson, he got really excited and said,"I get to drive!"  I went a long with it and when we got to the car, he opened the driver's side door ready to drive to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  When I told him I was teasing him and he couldn't really drive until he was 16, he got really mad.  He continually told me, "I'm really mad at you Mom," and he said it was such passion.  As we were driving there, I asked him if he'd call and tell them we were coming.  My dad answered the phone and Kyson bumped the speakerphone button so I heard everything.  Kyson told my dad that we were almost to his house, so my dad asked, "Are you driving?" meaning, "Are you in the car on your way here?"  Kyson took it literal and got mad saying, "No, Mom is driving!"  Even after the phone call he was upset, but then felt better when he created the idea that on his birthday he gets to drive.  Hopefully he'll forget all about it by the time April comes around.

No comments: