Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Handsome

Kris just celebrated his 35th birthday, and has officially joined the ranks of the "mid-thirties."  I'm not far from it, but boy it sounds awful.  Kyson and I decided we'd surprise him with a little party.  Kris's birthday was on a Wednesday this year, but he has a class on Wednesdays, so we decided to do a little party for Family Night on Monday.  Saturday, I took the kids to the dollar store and had them each pick out a couple of things for Kris.  Kodi got him air fresheners for his car and Kyson got him some fuel injector cleaner.  When I was leaving for the store, Kyson told me he didn't want to go.  I then explained we need to go get Daddy a surprise for his birthday.  Kyson told me immediately that Daddy wants cars and we should go get him cars.  I told Kyson it was a surprise and we shouldn't say anything, and he agrees.  So as we walked out the door he told Kris we were going to get him cars.  I ran out the door.

For Kris's party, we bought a giant cookie and I put 35 candles on it.  It was awesome - it looked like it was going to blow up.  Kyson kept getting near it and I thought he'd catch his hair on fire.  It took a couple of breaths to get all of the candles out, but what do you expect from a 35-year-old.  We had balloons and I hid a $20 bill in one of the balloons, so when Kris found it, he had to pop it to get it.  It was a fun evening.  I love the excitement of little kids - it's really contagious.




No comments: