Thursday, April 15, 2010

Goal Quarterly Report Card

When I made my New Year's Resolutions for 2010, I decided to put them on my blog and then report back so often on how I'm doing. By having to report, it gives me a sense of accountability and then I'm more likely to do them. So far it seems to be working.

Personal Goals
:
1) Floss at least once a week - preferably every day.
DOING WELL - I fell off for a short time when Kyson took my floss, but after I bought more, I've been diligent. Once or twice a week is about all I'm getting, but still accomplishing my goal

2) Finish my nightly prayers without falling asleep.
DOING TERRIBLY - I can't remember the last prayer where I made it to "Amen."

3) Read the lesson/scripture chapter before Sunday for Sunday School and Relief Society.
I'VE GIVEN UP - I never got a single lesson read, only had good intentions.

4) Exercise at least 3 days a week
RECENTLY BEEN DILIGENT - I tried earlier in the year, but it was not working out. Recently I've been working out in the morning with my coworkers and I'm getting in 5 days a week.

Family Goals:
1) Have Family Home Evening at least once a month - preferably every week.
SUCCESSFUL SO FAR - January we went to the Aquarium and talked about the creation. February we looked at pictures of Jesus and talked about who he is. March we sang songs and danced.

2) Invite company over more often - preferably once a month.
DOING PRETTY WELL - In January we had a party and invited friends over, February we invited all of our parents and my grandpa for dinner, March was too busy (my bad).

3) Potty train Kyson
TERRIBLE - He still has no interest.

Project Goals:
1) Clean and organize the garage.
HAVEN'T STARTED - This one may change to finish the landscaping in the back yard. That's our current project.

2) Scan all my grandmother's old picture books and put them into one book with captions and dates.
IN PROGRESS - I've Scanned 5 of 7 books, but haven't been able to start the actual book yet.

Home Improvement Goals:
1) Finish painting the upstairs - preferably the whole house.
MAY is my hope

2) Fix the broken drawer in the kitchen
DONE!!

3) Replace the broken blinds so we don't look like white trash.
NOTHING DONE

4) Replace the cracked window in our bathroom.
NOTHING DONE

5) Get a curtain for the living room.
I'VE PICKED IT OUT

Well this is the 411. I'll check back in June or July.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Impressive! And the things you didn't get to..it's the thought that counts right?
Oh and P.S Luke has no interest in the potty training area either. :)

Deb-t said...

Wow, you rock! This just makes me want to write out all my goals, too and post them REALLY BIG somewhere in my house! Thanks for the motivation.