Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Operation Breakdown

Well, Kyson is at the end of his antibiotic and is back in action full force. His first plan of attack now that he's gained his energy is to send his parents on a short vacation to a psych ward. So far Operation Breakdown is working. Today while I was at work, Kris was taking care of Kodi when phase one began - coloring. Kyson took a black crayon and went through the house coloring on the walls and doors. Kris called be right after he discovered it and was able to let out the anger by talking to me instead of taking it out on Kyson. Kris said, "I know what we're going to do for our next Family Home Evening!" After our conversation on the phone Kris was able to take Kyson through the house and help him understand that coloring on the wall hurts. So he kept looking and pointing at the marks saying,"Ouch!" When I got home from work, I gave him a Magic Eraser and said,"Get to it!"

Phase two of Operation Breakdown happened in
an isolated area. He broke the curtain rod in our bedroom. He bent the thing terribly. I don't know how he did it without ripping it out of the wall.

I'm so glad to have my little boy back, but I'm afraid Operation Breakdown may be a powerfully strategic plan of attack. Kris and I will have to come up with some defense.

3 comments:

Jade said...

boys!:(

Marnie said...

Good luck with that! Hope things are going a little more smoothly this week.

Deb-t said...

I love that you handed him the magic eraser and told him to get to it! You're a good mom to teach him! Anyway, so sorry about operation breakdown...I truly hope you survive!