Sunday, January 31, 2010

Teachers Know How to Party

We have a goal to try and entertain more. Party because we always want to invite people over, but feel intimidated by the size of our house - feeling like we can't fit people in. We decided to swallow our pride and have a teacher party at our house. I've worked at La Europa for 5 years now and never hosted one - it's about time. I knew I couldn't fit everyone and their families at tables for dinner, but we decided to do a game night and eat muchies. I was inspired by our New Year's Eve party because it was so much fun and simple as far as food.

I think it was a hit. I set up a separate room for the kids with a tent, a Lego table, and Kyson's toybox. Surprisingly enough, they spent most of time with the TV, or chasing each other around the coffee table. Kyson was the only boy and he didn't know how to play gentle with the little ladies. He kept trying to get them to chase him and he'd push them. He wasn't trying to hurt them, and it wasn't hard, but I don't think the girls liked playing with Kyson too much.

The adults played many games. Well, "played" is a term used lightly. We read the trivia questions to Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader, Mad, Gab, Origins, and then finally did Catch Phrase. We didn't keep score on anything, just like trying to guess things. Kris even found a few friends with the husbands of a few teachers. It was a nice evening and I dare say, I think we'll have to do it again.

No comments: