Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's a Girl!

We have a new addition to the family - Kodi Jason Hansen was born on October 1, 2009 at exactly 4:00pm. She weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 21" long. The delivery went extremely well, especially compared to Kyson. Because this time my strep test came back negative, they didn't have to slow me up. With Kyson I went to the hospital at noon and didn't have him until 6:00am the next morning. With Kodi, I went to the hospital at 11:00am and had her at 4:00pm. The recovery has been night and day as well. With Kyson it was days before I could stand or go to the bathroom. With Kodi, I was walking within a couple of hours and feel fantastic! I guess that's the difference 2 pounds can make.

Kyson has been having a very hard time with the new adjustment. At the hospital he wouldn't let go of Kris and he didn't want anything to do with me. He's been talking about the baby since he saw her, but it's hard to know how he feels about her. He's very sweet to her, but is acting out for us - especially me. I pray this behavior goes away very quickly.

For those of you who are wondering about the name, I'll explain. There is no story with Kodi. We just liked the name and didn't find anything else that we liked. Jason, however, was my brother. After Kyson was born and we named him after Kristian, his daddy, we decided that the next child (and last) we would name after my brother whether it was a boy or a girl. She happened to be a girl. Jason passed away in March of 2002. I find it ironic that we named her after Jason, and my mom said that she looked a lot like him when she came to see her at the hospital. Now I need to look at pictures of my baby brother.

She is very healthy and just an angel. The only thing we're still tackling is the jaundice. I didn't think it would be a problem this time because she's been eating so well and have bowel movements. Kyson had a really rough start and was on a billirubin lamp at the hospital and for 2 weeks after we got home. Yesterday Kodi was on the border of being at risk so we had to take her back to the hospital this morning to get tested . Her score has gone up nearly 5 points since yesterday (that's bad - we want it to go down) so we have to take her again to the doctor in the morning and she may be put on a lamp.

We're so thankful for our little girl. She's wonderful even if she causes us to be sleep deprived.

6 comments:

Valery Heitz said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome to this world Kodi;) Can't wait to meet her. I think it's neat you name her Kodi Jason.

Gretchen said...

She is beautiful. I am so grateful that she is here and that it was so much easier this time. Love to all of you!!!! (She does look like Kyson)

Gunn Family said...

Congrats! So glad you are feeling good. She could be Kyson's twin!

heather said...

Way to go Kel! She is beautiful. I cant wait to come over and snuggle her and smell her...I love babies!!!! You did good.

Marnie said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that everything with the delivery was a little easier. I remember that after Koko was born Sky did the same thing that Kyson is doing. She was really nice to the baby, but was terrible for mom and dad. It didn't last too long though - so be patient. Try to include him in what you do with the baby. When I nursed I would have her bring books and read with me or we would watch a movie or sing songs. It made her feel like I hadn't forgotten about her. Good luck! I can't wait to see her in person.

Doney Days said...

I'm so glad she's finally here! And that you got 1 of each now! She's adorable! Congratulations!