Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

Since Kodi has arrived, Kyson has been a very helpful little boy. It's so nice when he puts his toys away without being asked, or puts his cups in the sink. He wants to help with everything so much. Today, exceeds any help I'd like from my little guy. He's been watching Mommy and Daddy do the laundry and he knows that we put clothes in the washer with detergent.

While Kris was in the restroom, Kyson decided to help out Mom and Dad with the laundry. He grabbed clothes and blankets from wherever he could find them and threw them into the washer. And to make sure they got really clean, he added detergent - lots and lots of detergent. When Kris showed me what Kyson had done, I started cleaning it and then grabbed the camera. In order to clean up the detergent, I removed 14 heaping detergent cups and numerous partial cups to get it all out. I never did get it all, but I figured it was just enough for a load. While it is a little annoying to clean up this stuff, I can't complain. You hear horror stories of kids drawing all over doors and walls - those poor parents!

1 comment:

satomblablabla said...

oh kelli... you are an example to me! i need to learn your patience. you are a good mommy!