Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Summer is Officially Over

Going back to school is not the end of the summer - the last weekend to get out of dodge is. For Labor Day, we went to Bear Lake, our typical hang out throughout the summer. We debated for some time if we'd go or not becuase I'm 8 months pregnant, Kyson seemed to have a cold last week, and Kris didn't really want to go. With some sweet talking on my parent's part, Kris gave in and we went to spend a nice weekend at the Lake.

I anticipated bad weather, but it was beautiful. Unfortunately, I didn't feel like doing much and Kris was so tired he needed some much needed rest. Kyson did make it out to the beach though. He's such a funny kid. He LOVES dirt and so playing on the beach was heaven to him. It took a little time to coerce him to the water. But when my dad gave him a branch with leaves, he ran wild. It's funny how little things are so exciting for kids.

At one point my dad and Kyson were building a community of sand castles - basically buckets of sand turned up side down. Well, My dad built them and Kyson loved destroying them. He's such a destructive little boy.

When he wasn't playing on the beach, he was bonding with his puppy. I don't know how she can take the beating that she does. They wrestle so rough with one another, and both dish it out and egg it on. When they're not hyper, it's apparent that they just love each other so much.

It's been a nice weekend with the family and I'm grateful for these opportunities and memories.

2 comments:

Valery Heitz said...

NOOOOO! I am not ready for winter yet. The summer has been to good to be true!

satomblablabla said...

I love how you said that Kyson is "such a destructive little boy" hehehe. I can just picture you saying that too in your funny Kelli way. Max is the same way... he loves to throw things, bang on things, ...he just keeps getting more aggressive as he gets older.

I'm sure your little Kody will be just as rambunctious as Kyson... making it fun for mommy. ;)