Monday, September 21, 2009

Surprise!

The other day at work, I thought it was a normal day. During lunch I was going to run some errands with my friend Adrienne, get some lunch becuase they were serving falafel at my work (which didn't sound appetizing), and get some things done that I need to. Adrienne and I left, did one errand when she received a text reminding her that she had "tardy party," which is like detention for those who were tardy to classes that day. I was bummed but we headed back anyway. We stopped at the offices for a moment and I moseyed on down the hall looking at pictures as I walked when I noticed at the end of the hall there was a little party. Little did I know the party was for me.

My coworkers had all pitched in to throw a surprise baby shower for me. Because this was my second child, I NEVER anticipated anything so I didn't put together any hints. Just went along with it all. Because I had no idea, I don't have any pictures, but I was really flabbergasted that they would do something so sweet for me.

You know, sometimes I curse my work because things don't run perfectly, but I have to say - I'm really lucky to have the job that I do. Nowhere else would I have the freedom and relationships that I do as a teacher. It is a great place to work.

No comments: