Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kyson's Adventures Continue

The last few days, Kyson's rash from the strep throat has gone away, but a different kind of rash has slowly been breaking out. We thought maybe it was a residual rash from the strep and were going to wait until he had finished the antibiotic before calling the doctor - but it was getting worse. The doctor was nice enough to see Kyson as a follow-up visit, free of charge, after hours. Kyson had an allergic reaction to the medication and broke out in hives.

The doctor gave him another medication to help clear up the allergic reaction, but because the rash is so wide-spread, he needs an oral medication, not a cream. I tried giving him the new medication tonight and literally I got a drop of mediciine in his mouth before he started projectile vomitting. It was aweful becuase that stuff makes me sick and I started dry heaving while trying to clean it up and hurt my back terribly trying to carry Kyson into the kitchen. It's frusterating.

2 comments:

Deb-t said...

My goodness! Poor Kyson and poor you. What a horrible thing to be dealing with (his vomiting) when you yourself are in delicate condition. Good luck with things...I hope they get better for you guys!

satomblablabla said...

omg, kelli, you poor thing! and poor little kyson! I hope things are better by now! Let me cook for you and your family! What do you like to eat?

p.s. did you go to sam's bbq?