Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kyson AKA "Big Boy" Hansen

So a week ago, we decided to change Kyson's crib into a toddler bed. A cousin of mine had said they had a hard time changing their little one into a toddler bed, and it wouldn't hurt to do it. We also knew our nephew who is only 4 months older than Kyson has been in a "big boy" bed for a while now. So last weekend we made the switch. It's been interesting. The first 5 days or so, he was fabulous. He went to bed and didn't give us any troubles. When it wasn't bed time or nap time, he loved climbing into his bed and so did Franni.

Well as we are now passing day 8, Kyson takes 3 of his blankets everywhere he goes and he's no longer taking his naps in his bed. He takes all the blankets off of his bed and sleeps on the floor. I did the same thing when I was young, and Kris still does it occasionally :). So now I'm in a quandry as to whether or not I should switch back to the crib or it's not a big deal if he chooses to sleep on the floor. I've put a poll on my blog, give me some feedback you experienced parents.

4 comments:

Randy said...

Dont go back!! That pic of Kyson and Franni is classic. I like the new background too!

Audrey said...

Carson does the same thing. He has slept off and on the floor since we switched him 4 months ago or so. Just hang in there. As long as he is not throwing tantrums or anthing like that, then stick with it. Good luck!

Marnie said...

It is probably not a big deal if he is sleeping on the floor, as long as he is getting enough sleep, I don't think it matters where. Cute pics.

satomblablabla said...

Here's the thing... I vote yes only because if it were me, I'd be frustrated with the mess but who knows, maybe it'll only last a couple of weeks or so with the blanket thing.

However, I would also vote "do what you want" not because I don't care but because I think Kyson will do just fine either way. I know a lot of kids that slept in there cribs till they were 3 years old and did not turn out to be pansies.