Friday, August 16, 2013

My New Challenge

Well, it's official - I'm a Challenger teacher.  And not just any teacher.  I'm an elementary school teacher.  The youngest grade I have ever taught to this point is 8th grade.  The last place I ever wanted to be, or thought I'd be is a 4th grade teacher.  I can say, however, this is definitely the Lord's plan for me.  Hopefully I'll agree with him by the end of the school year.

I survived my beginning of the school teacher training.  Two-weeks before school starts, all teachers spend a could of weeks retraining and preparing for the school-year.  It was intense and terrifying.  I feel completely inadequate and unprepared to complete this assignment.  I'm now teaching 11 different subjects including history, science, math, and logic, along with the subjects I know.  This is going to be a very challenging year.

I'm grateful for this job.  It is providing an amazing education for my children - one that I could never afford to give them.  I feel good about the year, and hope that the job will be as good for me as it will be for my children.  I'm also upstairs so I have to go up and down stairs A LOT.  Not only will my kids be smart, I'll be more well-rounded and better trained, but I better have a nice booty by the end of the year.

No comments: