Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Drive-In Movie

I've never been to a drive-in movie in my entire life - and that's a long time.  Rusty and Amy invited us to take all the kids to go see Monster University.  Unfrotunately, I never received Rusty's final text telling me what snacks he was going to bring and to bring a radio to listen to the movie.  We didn't have a radio anyway, but it would have been great to know that going in.

We all parked our lawn chairs in front of the cars, pulled out our snacks and enjoyed the movie.  IT was a little crazy when we had Rusty and Amy's six kids and our two.  Eight kids can be a little chaotic, but it was very controlled chaos.  I didn't like that it started so late, but it's necessary to wait until the sun goes down.  But, I guess it wouldn't be any different than if we saw a Cinema in the Park.  Kodi didn't make it.  She fell asleep, and Kyson was complaining a lot by the end.

While it wasn't chaos-free, it was a fun experience.  I'd go again in a heartbeat.  The things I'll do next time, is try to find a radio, bring snacks without sugar like pretzels or goldfish, and put the kids in their pajamas.  I think those things would make it run smoother.




No comments: