Monday, July 15, 2013

Bear Lake Vacation

Because we couldn't take a vacation...again, our vacation was at Bear Lake this year.  It's unfortunate that right now, Kris and I are on hourly at our new jobs so it cost us a pretty penny to go, where normally it's just a couple hundred dollars for food and gas.It was worth it though.  It gave us the chance to spend four extra days with Grammy and Stacie.

Wes and Shelly came up as usual and it was a nice crowd.  Not too many, and not too little.  The kids were a little crazy, but they loved playing in the water.  Every morning they were running to the water and poor Stacie was trying to go to the water to just have some peace and quiet, but the kids saw it as an opportunity to play.  They kept attacking her but she was such a good sport.  She played with them and they loved it.  I was so grateful for her willingness to play with them.  They really liked her.

Grammy was a good sport too.  We dragged her down to the beach.  Even though we took her down to the beach on the four-wheelers, she still had to get on and off, and sit on the beach all day.  One time after I'd jumped off, we told her to hold onto the handles as if she was driving it.  Boy it was good - it really looked like she was driving it.  I tried to get her on the wave runners, but that didn't happen.

We also went on a short four-wheeling ride and Kodi feel asleep by the end of it.  Stacie loved seeing the cows on the trail and the big tractors that were doing farm work.  Kodi was with me for the first half and at one point she quickly lifted her foot and said, "Hot!" I looked down at her sole and the bottom of her shoe had melted and was dripping off.  Fortunately, those shoes were close to retirement anyway, but it's sad that princess shoes have to go in the garbage instead of getting additional use from someone.


I also did a little art project with the kids.  We got an acorn from the yard and made a bird feeder with it.  I put the peanut butter on it, and then the kids spread bird seed on it.  There are lots of birds in the yard, but I'm not sure if they ever used the bird feeders we made.

All week was wonderful.  I was so sad for the week to end.  I LOVE to have time away from work, especially when I'm at the lake away from household responsibilities and I can just sit on the beach all day.  It's hard knowing there isn't a vacation coming for a long time.















































No comments: