Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day

Normally we go to Bear Lake for Labor Day weekend, but with my mom in her condition, and with Kris and I having so much to do, we decided to stay in town and take care of some things.  However, what is Labor Day without a BBQ.  We planned to have one as a family, but at the last minute decided to invite our parents over as well.  I wasn't sure if they'd made it when none of them had been feeling very well, but they all decided to come over.  It was fabulous   It was a simple BBQ with only basic offerings for food, but it's all about the company anyway.  I was so proud of my mom for coming, though, she couldn't stay too long.  Sitting was hard on her.  Grandma Bodily brought her iPad for the kids to play with and Grandpa Tinsch was a good sport of trying to read princess stories to Kodi.  The kids really enjoyed it.

After my parents left and the night was drawing to a close, we decided to use up the leftover hamburger buns by going up tot he ducks at the Cove.  We just fed the cute little ducks and came home.  It's so fun that we have somethings like that so close to us.











No comments: