Monday, June 18, 2012

Backyard Camp-out

Because my week of vacation was coming to an end, we thought we'd have a climactic finish by having a sleepover in the backyard.  We set up the test, brought out the sleeping bags, and began our fun.  It was late in the evening so we didn't have a lot of time to do much, but a camp-out is never complete without shadow puppets.  We played with this for a short time, then moved onto books.  My kids love to read books.  Well, read is probably an advanced word for them - they like to look at books.  Looking at books is always more fun with a flashlight in a sleeping bag in the backyard.

Kodi has been a girly-girl for a while now, but we've never been able to get her to play with dolls.  She just doesn't like them.  This weekend, however, she loved a little doll that Carol gave to her.  She kept cuddling with it.  I have to admit, it was absolutely adorable!  Even Leroy tried to join in the fun.  He looked for a comfy spot to lie down and cuddle, but he ended up not sticking around.  The kids moved around way too much.

While I'll admit I didn't get much sleep, I love opportunities like this.  Any time I can do something fun with my family I'm excited. Yes, there is sacrifice of sleep and of time to put it all up and put it away, but aren't memories so much more important than a little inconvenience.  I'm so grateful for the memories!








No comments: