Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ending the Soccer Season

Kyson played his last soccer game this weekend, and it wasn't his finest hour.  He did nearly make a goal, when it hit the goal post, but it was in the net of the opposing team.  He whined and cried during the game because "they took the ball when it was his turn."  I had to try and help him understand that in soccer, there are no turns.  Everyone just gets the ball.  His coach was a great sport to put up with his behavior.  They won the game by a landslide, but I don't know the score.  They don't really keep track at this age.  I only know our team was getting goals pretty consistently, and our opponents only got one.  After the game, Kyson got a trophy from the coach, and and his coach, Taylor, was nice enough to pose for a picture, even with all of Kyson's shenanigans.  I think the season went well, and I think it was good for Kyson.  I think we'll consider it again in the fall, and try to get on a team with some of his friends this time.





No comments: