Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ward Christmas Party

Our ward chose the perfect night to have a party - we had two other engage- ments that we should have attended as well.  The reason I chose the ward party was for Santa.  I know it seems trivial, but 4-year-olds dig Santa, and when there is an opportunity to see him, I don't want to pass it up.  We sat with Kyson's favorite people, as usual, the Holts.  At one point in the party, Kyson noticed some mistletoe hanging in the doorway and asked me what it was for.  I told him you kiss someone under the mistletoe, so I took him under the mistletoe and gave him a kiss on the cheek.  He then went and got Nikki Holt, who is twelve, and took her under the mistletoe.  He also kissed her on the cheek.

There was food, singing, cookies, and story- telling.  In the end, though, I think the biggest hit of the evening was when Santa dropped inf or a visit.  Kyson was so anxious to see him that he butt in line and I had to go grab him.  While we waited, I was a little concerned about Kodi.  You know how little kids are afraid of Santa, well Kodi had been exceptionally clingy all evening.  She wouldn't even sit next to me with my arm around her.  She had to be held at all times.  it was ridiculous.  I figured if I could get a quick shot before she started crying, I'd be good. I couldn't have been more wrong.  I put her on Santa's lap first hoping to get a shot, and she loved him.  She just looked at him and chatted with him in her nonsensical jibberish.  When her turn was over, I tried to get a picture with Kyson and Santa, but Kodi wouldn't leave.  Even after both Kyson and Kodi had had a turn, she kept running back and ruining other kids' talks with Santa.  I truly wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it.

Santa is such a magical being and I love the spirit of Santa.  Santa gives gifts to all the good boys and girls.  Heavenly Father gave everyone a gift - even those that weren't too good.  I love the Christmas season and spirit of giving.




No comments: