Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Preschool Christmas Program

This is the first year that Kyson has been in a Christmas program.  I was so excited about it, I took the day off of work to be there.  It was adorable.  Kris and I got there extra early to get a good seat and I brought my flip digital recorder as well as our regular camera, but when I tried to film, the batteries were dead on my flip camera.  I was sad, but I recorded a couple of songs from the program.  

The whole thing was adorable!  The kids came out with little reindeer face things, and sang a whole bunch of songs.  There were two parts that stuck out to me, because of Kyson's idiosyncrasies.  The first was when they sang "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."  Everyone knows the little things that people yell out between the lines, but Kyson decided to do a little improv.   There is on line in the song that says, "Then on foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say..."  Many people yell out "Ho, ho ho" at this point, but Kyson decided to yell out "Trick-or-Treat!"  Not everyone heard, but Kris and I recognized Kyson's voice immediately, and busted up laughing, along with the front row that was sitting in front of him.  I love the innocence of little kids.  They don't try to be funny- they just are.

The second highlight of the program was when they did a number with bells.  I was shocked that they would be so ambitious to have 4-year-olds do a bell song, but they did a really good job.  Kyson had a pretty big part in one of the songs and he was getting so into it.  About half way through the song, rather than quietly ringing his bell, he was so involved he was grunting with each ring of his bell.  I was fortunate enough to get that one on video and it still makes me smile.

It is so obvious that the teachers at his school have worked so hard to make these programs to help these kids feel successful, not be shy, and of course to please the parents.  I was thoroughly pleased and look forward to their program at the end of the school-year.

Kyson and his teacher, Miss Amber

Kyson with his good friend, Sadie


No comments: