Sunday, June 5, 2011

Herriman Days

Every year, the city of Herriman does a weekend of celebrating and it's full of fun events. Every year they have a rodeo and fireworks, but we never go to that. This year they had a car show, and I found out after the fact that they also had a "touch a truck" event at the car show where the kids got to get in the big firetrucks. Kyson would have loved that, but I found out too late. The events we did go to were the cinema in the park and the parade.

The movie showing at the Cinema in the Park was How to Train your Dragon. As usual, we went with the Holts because Kyson loves them so much - hopefully the feelings are reciprocal, but we sure can be annoying. Anyway, Lise was so prepared by going to the dollar store and buying glow sticks. They were a hit, and boy they were helpful with Kodi. She kept wandering off, so Lise suggested that we watch her but don't get her so she'll think she's lost. Then she won't run off so
far. We had her draped in glow-in-the-dark necklaces and bracelets so it was really easy to watch her. She thought she got lost, Lise went and got her and after that she didn't wander very far. It was great. Kyson didn't care about watching the movie, only playing with his friends, and that's probably a good thing. We were so far back we could barely hear it. It was still fun though.

The next morning, at the last minute I decided to take the kids to the parade. I didn't know what the parade route was and even when I looked on line for it, I didn't exactly know where the roads were. I knew the ending point so I figured I'd go that way and wing it. We raced to get ready considering I decided to go less than a half hour before it was to begin and none of us were dressed. We ran into the car and started
backing up when I noticed the Holts were backing out at the exact same time. I decided to follow them, hoping they were going to the parade and as luck would have it, they were. They knew a great spot to go and once again, all were happy - except maybe the Holts because we crashed their party (again). it's a good thing they're such good sports. It was a great weekend and I have to say, I can't wait for Herriman Days next year.

No comments: