Friday, May 13, 2011

Life is Better with Friends

I've mentioned many times that Kyson adores the little girls next door - the Holts. Since the weather has warmed up, they've spent a lot of time over here, which I think is great. A while back I had asked some of my friends who
had grown children, "How do you keep your children from getting into trouble?" They said, "Be the cool house." Basically, if you can be the house that everyone goes to, then you know a lot more about what is going on with your children. While Kyson is still very young and thankfully wouldn't be getting into the kind of trouble I worry about for the future, we're working to establish our reputation as the "cool house." We'll see how long that lasts. I can say it is fun having so many kids over. The other day we had 5 other kids at the house playing besides Kyson and Kodi.

They were playing ball, playing on the jungle gym, and then they decided to get crazy and fill up a little pool with water and put it at the bottom of the slide. Kodi didn't
care for that one, and one other little girl left when Kyson got
her wet, but everyone else loved it.
It's good prep- aration for Bear Lake.

After a long afternoon of fun in the sun, we went to the Holts house for smores. That was a lot of fun. Kyson didn't care so much about roasting marshmallows as much as playing with the fire,
so we gave him a roaster stick with nothing on it to
roast. Lise is an amazing marsh- mallow roaster and cook them to a perfect golden brown - mmm, mmm, good.

I'm so grateful for friends: my friends and my children's friends. I hate to think about how dull life would be without them.

No comments: