Monday, October 4, 2010

I Kneed a Cake

Kodi officially turned one on Friday, October 1st and it's hard to believe it's already been an entire year. I never thought I'd enjoy a girl so much, considering I'm much more of a "boy" person. Of course, she still doesn't have hair that I have to do, and she's not asking to wear high-heels and make-up. I guess we'll see if I'm still so excited when that stuff comes.

Her birthday party went well. I was so stressed about getting the house in order before her party, but we pulled it off (and of course, she doesn't care). Our families were very generous and she got an entire new fall/winter wardrobe which I'm so excited about. She got some cute shoes, jackets, and dresses. She also got a giant wagon from her grandma and grandpa Bodily. Kyson was much more excited about it than she was, but in time she'll grow to appreciate it like he does. he now watches television in it. We gave her the traditional chair so that each kid has their own little chair. We gave one to Kyson when he turned one and it has been one of the best gifts we ever gave him.

Cake time was fun. She's really into bugs right now and I went to 3 different stores in search of a bug cake. I finally found one at Peterson's and because it was her first birthday they threw in a free smash cake for her - how exciting. She didn't exactly use it for it's purpose. It should have been called a kneed cake becuase that's what she did. She just played with it like a baker. We've also been really working with eating solid foods so she could eat her birthday cake, and she didn't even try it - only kneeded it.

Now that her birthday is out of the way, I'm excited for Halloween - she's going to be a lady bug.

No comments: