Saturday, December 12, 2009

Grandparents Time is Priceless

The last couple of days we've had the privilege of seeing our grandparents. Kris's grandma came up from Vernal for one night only and we jumped at the chance to see her. We are what some might consider party crashers, inviting ourselves over to Carol's and forcing Grandma to split her attention. I was so grateful to have the opportunity to get a 4 generation picture considering it's not very often we can get all four generations together. Getting three together isn't a problem, It's getting the fourth in the same place and time that is difficult. Life is precious and you never know when the next oppor- tunity will be when we can get us all together.

It was also great for Grandma to meet little Kodi for the first time and to see her grandson, Kyson, that she hasn't seen since last summer. Carol and Errol were able to see their grand- children too. They haven't been feeling well lately and Kris and I have been so busy lately that they haven't seen their little grandkids but twice in the past couple of months. I know all of us enjoyed our time together.

After visiting with Grandma Zufelt, we were able to visit with my Grandpa Gunn. I haven't seen him since Kodi's blessing and because there were so many people, it was nearly impossible to give him undivided attention. It was so nice to visit with him and give him his Christmas present a little early. I think he really enjoyed the visit. While sometimes it's hard to visit with grandparents, it is worth the time to do it. I'm giving this advice to myself as well as readers, because I'm guilty of letting life get me too busy to enjoy the people around me as often as I should.

No comments: