Saturday, December 5, 2009

Kids and Dogs - What a Great Match

Franni Faye has been in our family now for a year and half. We bought her when she was 8 weeks old, the weekend of the 24th of July last year. It was a spontaneous purchase, but she has enriched our lives very much. Kyson and Fran are best friends. They play all day long and even though Kyson can dish out the abuse, so can Franni. They both can dish it out and take it. I do wish they were gentler with one another though.

Since bringing Kodi home, Fran has been by her side a lot. Often we have to sop her from licking Kodi's head (which I hate), but it's Franni's way of showing affection. I think it's great to raise children with an animal. I was raised with pets and I don't think that I would have turned out the same if it weren't for the many pets who passed in and out of my life. I'm excited that Franni Faye will most likely be with us until Kyson and Kodi are teenagers - because, I think they like her.

No comments: